Friday, April 1, 2011

Retiform Technique


Today I have used stamp sets from Stampin' Up!'s New Autumn-Winter catalogue. The set here is called Strength and Hope. Stampin' Up! is donating $2 from this purchase to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

The technique I have used is called Retiform technique also known as grid technique. Instructions for this technique can be found at Splitcoast Stampers.

For this card I have stamped on glossy cardstock, giving a soft subtle look.

Stamp Set: Strength and Hope
Ink: marina mist, wild wasabi, basic black
Card: Marina Mist, Glossy white, basic black
Accessories: post-it notes, sponges, scallop trim border punch


For my second card I have used the same stamp set - Strength and Hope, but this time I stamped on whisper white using regal rose and pretty in pink. The whisper white texture gives the card a more stronger stark look than the glossy card.

Stamp Set: Strength and Hope
Ink: Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, basic black
Card: regal rose, whisper white, basic black
Accessories: post-it notes, sponges, circle punches - 1 1/4" & 1 3/8", sponge daubers


My third card is also retiform technique, but I have used French Foliage Stamp Set out of the new Autumn Mini catalogue and the Autumn Days set.

Stamp Sets: French foliage, autumn days
Ink: Early expresso, chocolate chip, crumb cake, sahara sand, river rock, soft suede
Card: Soft Suede, chocolate chip, glossy white
Accessories: post-it notes, sponges, clear block, chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon, hodgepodge hardware – flower ribbon slide

No comments: