Sunday, March 27, 2011

Inlaid Technique Part 1

I've been playing around with the "Inlaid Technique" recently. It's a great technique. You punch out some shapes, glue them to a whisper white layer and then run it through the bigshot using the Square Lattice embossing folder which is in our current mini catalogue (page 17).

We will be doing this technique at Creative Card Group at Bel Air Baptist Church on Thursday 31st March at 7.30.

Here are some sites that I got my inspiration from:-

Kerin Sylvester over at Stamping 411

Kathy at Stamping Still

Nicole Derendorf

The first card, I used the circles # 2 die through the Bigshot. I then punched the circles out using my circle punches, layering them inside each other.

Stamp Sets : punch bunch SAB

Ink: baja breeze, pacific point

Paper: pacific point, whisper white, marina mist, baja breeze

Accessories: big shot, circles die, circles punches, scallop circle punch, square lattice embossing folder

My next card I used some ends from the Top Note die and punched the Happy birthday stamp with the square scallop punch.

Stamp Sets : punch bunch SAB

Ink: not quite navy, baja breeze, pacific point

Paper: not quite navy, whisper white, marina mist, baja breeze

Accessories: big shot, circles die, circles punches, scallop circle punch, square lattice embossing folder


My last card I used the birds & blooms sizzlit dies through the bigshot and punched Fancy flower punch in whisper white. Sponge around each piece using different inks Glue them to the card and run it through the embossing folder and the bigshot.

Stamp Set: Punch Bunch (SAB)

Ink: concord crush, elegant eggplant, rich razzleberry, melon mambo, perfect plum, regal rose, pretty in pink, garden green, rose red (greeting)

Paper: melon mambo, whisper white

Accessories: big shot, birds & blooms sizzlit dies, square lattice embossing folder, fancy flower punch, modern label punch, sponge daubers


No comments: