Saturday, July 30, 2022

Creative Cards at The Grove meets Season of Chic

This month at our Thursday and Saturday class we have used the Season of Chic suite again.  This suite is so versatile and leads itself to lots of different uses with it's flowers, leaves, shells and snowflake as well as it's sentiments.  

My first card is a diagonal gate fold also known as a twisted gate fold and features the Texture Chic designer series paper.




Start with a piece of Basic white 19.5cm x 14cm.  Score at 6.5cm and 13cm.  Fold the score lines.  On the 1st and 3rd panel, score from the top left corner to the bottom right corner (parallel).

To decorate, you will need a piece of dsp and a piece of Basic White cut at 6cm x 13cm.  On the Basic White I have stamped my flower in blushing bride, leaf in soft suede, and speckle in mango melody. 
Now cut the dsp from right to left diagonal corners and the opposite with the basic white piece (from left to right).  Attach to the panels as seen in my sample above.  

Sentiment is on a circle cut from the beautiful shapes dies stamped in soft suede.  Flower is cut from the Chic Dies in petal pink.  Leaves are soft suede, mint macaron and pear pizzazz.   

My second is a Teared Masking technique and a CASE of a fellow demonstrator called Jan Clothier and you can see her original card here.  I really am inspired by her work and I just loved her card and tweaked it a little.  Colours used pool party, Tahitian Tide, Pacific Point, Orchid Oasis, Starry Sky rich razzleberry sponged with blending brushes.  Die cut net feature is cut out of silver  foil.  Sentiment is stamped on a hexagon from the Beautiful shapes dies.


1 comment:

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely CASE! I'm flattered that you liked my card. I'm interested in your diagonal fold card - I've not made one before.