Friday, June 10, 2022

Stampin Dreams Blog Hop - Ombre effect


Welcome to another Crafty Collaborations blog hop.  This hop is focusing on Ombre effect.  


Todays cards feature the artistic mix decorative masks again and I chose blues to create the Ombre effect.


The masks make it so easy to create vibrant backgrounds which are great to use with lots of different colouring techniques.  To create the Ombre effect, I used my blending brushes and started with night of navy, then starry sky, orchid oasis, pacific point, Tahitian Tide and lastly pool party.  For my first card I used the bough punch and punched out leaves in the same colours I have sponged with.  The sentiment is from Happiness Abounds, and I used my Stamparatus to ink up with Tahitian Tide, then dabbed pacific point, starry sky and night of navy with a dauber, making the sentiment Ombre.


On this card my focal point is a piece of card, sponged with the same colours in the background, then cut out using the palm dies.



  • ARTISTIC MIX DECORATIVE MASKS

    $17.50

  • BLENDING BRUSHES

    $21.75

  • BOUGH PUNCH

    $31.00

  • PALMS DIES

    $61.00

  • STYLISH SHAPES DIES

    $53.00

  • NIGHT OF NAVY CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • STARRY SKY CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • ORCHID OASIS CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • PACIFIC POINT A4 CARDSTOCK

    $16.25

  • TAHITIAN TIDE CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00






9 comments:

Melva Peters said...

Very pretty cards!

Christine Kiehl said...

wow. Beautiful in blue!

Robbie said...

Very pretty! Love how you used the masks!

JH Stamping Studio said...

I was just playing with these masks. The ombré blending turned out great.

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Beautiful use of these Masks, one of my favourite tools

Diane Evans said...

Very nice card

Carol Brown The stamping ground said...

Beautiful cards, I love these masks.

Wanda said...

Such a lovely card.

Candi Suriano Grace said...

Love the masks. Great cards.