Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Technique Tuesday Blog Hop - Frames

Todays project is inspired by Crafty Collaborations Technique Tuesday blog hop and the focus is on frames.  


I have chosen to use the Fancy Frames dies from Stampin' Up!  These are new in the catalogue and I love that they are the perfect size for a card front.



On my first card I have used the fancy frames die to cut out a piece of Flowering Fields dsp which gives an interesting pattern forming the frame.  It also cuts out the centre, which I have raised up on dimensionals.  Sentiment is from Happiness Abounds.


My second card I firstly created the background using the Artistic Mix decorative masks using Tahitian Tide, Orchid Oasis and Starry night.  I have then run it through with the fancy frame die.  The frame by itself is so pretty, but really pops when you add back the centre piece.  I have taken a Wink of Stella pen and highlighted the mosaic pattern and added some glossy dots which sets it off nicely.  Sentiment is cut from the Stylish Shapes dies and sentiment is from Happiness Abounds.

I love both effects, either using dsp or creating a background with a mask, it would also look great with a stamped background.  Drop a comment below to let me which one you like the best.








  • FANCY FRAMES DIES

    $60.00

  • HAPPINESS ABOUNDS PHOTOPOLYMER STAMP SET (ENGLISH)

    $41.00

  • ARTISTIC MIX DECORATIVE MASKS

    $17.50

  • STYLISH SHAPES DIES

    $53.00

  • BLENDING BRUSHES

    $21.75

  • FLOWERING FIELDS 12” X 12” (30.5 X 30.5 CM) DESIGNER SERIES PAPER

    $14.00

  • GLOSSY DOTS ASSORTMENT

    $14.00

  • TAHITIAN TIDE CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • STARRY SKY CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • ORCHID OASIS CLASSIC STAMPIN' PAD

    $14.00

  • BASIC WHITE A4 THICK CARDSTOCK

    $15.25




8 comments:

The Stampin' Chic Dana Sullivan said...

Excellent techniques on both cards!

Mo Rootes said...

Such pretty cards Teresa, love them x

Melva Peters said...

Pretty cards!

Diane Evans said...

Wow I love these and sos clever using the DSP for the frames. I will have to try that. Thanks for sharing.

JH Stamping Studio said...

Wow- amazing job with the 2 styles of cards. I recently received the new stencil masks. You’ve given Some great ideas to use them.

Candi Suriano Grace said...

Love the way you used the DSP with the frames. And those new masks are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Dreamers Klub said...

These frames had totally slipped past me! I love how you used it!

Sue Vine - MissPinksCraftSpot said...

Stunning cards, I might just "need" these dies after all!