Sunday, October 3, 2021

Flower Market Die and a Sketch

Today Adamstown Uniting Church card making group had a zoom get together for World Card Making Day.  We focused on the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches 505.  Our challenge was to make a thank you card and send it to someone in your local community to acknowledge their help, assistance, service, support etc during these times of lockdown.

The Flower Market die has been sitting on my desk for a while now so I decided to pair it with this sketch challenge.

 

Firstly I started with a Polished Pink base folded in half. I then die cut my white layer with The Stitched Greenery die, one of my all time favourite background tools. I then chose 2 In Colours - pale papaya and fresh freesia. I cut 2 circles of each colour. I then sponged them with their own colour (giving nice tone on tone) and polished pink with blending brushes. Next I cut the sponged circles with the Flower Market die and layered them on top of the 2nd circles. The sentiment is from Nature’s Harvest stamp set and stamped with polished pink on a piece of polished pink card continuing with tone in tone affect. 


2 comments:

Karren said...

Beautiful card with so much depth with your shading. And for a great cause too! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

teresascreativecards said...

Thanks Karren